The Home Shopping Process
As your realtors of choice, our most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
We do that in a number of ways.
We regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your pre-approved price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable.
We make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted.
We help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
Before you view a property, we provide you with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes recent comparable sales, current market values, and more. Later, if you have questions, we get the answers for you.
We also give you the scoop on the neighbourhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, shopping, parks and other local amenities etc.
When you find a property you like, we give you our honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision without our expert advice.
As your realtors, we’re committed to getting you into the right home, and we’re with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home address all of your required ‘needs’ (those features you must have)? For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.
- Does the home have any of your desired ‘wants’ (those features you’d like to have but may be willing to forgo)? For example, west facing backyard deck, spare guest bedroom etc.
- What is the general condition of the home? Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?
- Will the home need any major repairs that require immediate attention? What about renovations or remodeling? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighbourhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighbourhood?
- Does the neighbourhood have what you want and need? Is there good access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.?
- Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s our job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call or email and let us know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. We’d love to chat!
Or, submit the form below and we’ll get right back to you.
Helping You is What We Do!