Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got experts by your side. My job, as your real estate professional, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you. My support team and I will do our best to make that a reality!
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document I present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any terms and conditions.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
Don’t worry. I know how to prepare and present a winning offer and get you the property at the best possible price and with your terms. In fact, I will look after your best interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- I’ll recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no to few conditions. However, I may suggest some conditions, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your own protection. We’ll talk about that.
- I’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I’ll work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once you and the sellers agree to an offer, I’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the transaction: then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
Making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting an experienced realtor that puts the needs of the clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side supporting that dream… and a real estate professional that knows how to get the job done.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email me.
Helping You is What We Do!